Cultural Expeditions through Susan Olofson Travel Consulting
Our tours are designed to connect you with real people, living traditional lives and leading their communities in preserving their culture while fostering education, health and self sustaining livelihood. You will truly be a part of the life, rhythm and spirit of the places you visit, and come away with deepened understanding of other cultures’ beauty, challenges, and the amazing people who are coming together to build a better world community.
It’s travel with a purpose…understanding, sharing beauty, supporting endeavors toward improving the world.
Tours to Kenya, with add-ons to other East Africa destinations
Groups are limited to 4-8 people so that we can make our way through communities, markets, and nature areas more freely and unobtrusively.
- Part of your stay is in an authentic Maasai village, in traditional manyattas (mud huts) that have been enhanced for guest comfort. Experience daily life, warrior exhibitions and training, tribal ceremonies, and understanding of traditional healing through plants and prayer.
- Lodging on safaris is in tented luxury camps that support local people by providing jobs, training programs, and eco practices.
- Driving and walking safari in Lake Nakuru, Maasai Mara, and Loita Hills.
- Visit an authentic Maasai market, in addition to tourist shopping areas.
- Visit schools and clinics.
- A portion of each trip cost is donated to charities supporting the local community.
Site developed by Devin Dombrowski - Devin Dombrowski Designs